What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system of transparent, removable Aligners individually tailored for your teeth without noticeable wire and brackets. As the Invisalign® Aligners are clear and discreet so almost no one will notice that you are having a cosmetic dental procedure. They really are almost invisible Braces!
How Does It Work?
Invisalign® treatment undergoes from a week-by-week adjustment of your Aligners, giving you more comfort to adapt to the daily changes in teeth position gradually. Your teeth will move in accordance to the replacing Aligners -little by little – until they have straightened to the final position prescribed by your dental provider.
Usual Invisalign Treatment Process
A series of clear aligners are custom made for your teeth, to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about 2 weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until straight teeth and a beautiful smile is achieved. The Invisalign treatment time is determined case by case.
Who Can Be Benefitted?
If you have any of these conditions, perhaps Invisalign® can assist you:
- Overcrowded Teeth – A lack of space within your jaw for all your teeth to fit nicely. When left untreated, overcrowded teeth can cause an increased chance of gum disease as your teeth are harder to clean and can prevent the normal function of teeth
- Spaced Teeth – The extra space within your jaw. When left untreated, Spacing results in for example food packing issue can lead to some periodontal diseases including gingivitis and periodontitis that; severe loss of alveolar bone can lead to tooth loss.
- Crossbites – The lower teeth cover the upper ones; a normal aligned dentition is vice versa. Crossbite usually causes one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth. This issue can result in poor function of the teeth, wear of the teeth, and gum disease.
- Overbites – The upper teeth overlap significantly with the lower teeth, commonly happened in the front ones. This issue can lead to gum problems, wear on the lower teeth and can cause painful jaw joint problems.
- Underbites –The lower teeth protrude past the front teeth, usually caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both. It can also be caused by missing upper teeth. This issue can prevent the normal function of front teeth or molars which can lead to tooth wear. It can also cause painful jaw joint problems.
- Book a free consultation for your personal Invisalign Information Session with one of our experienced dentists, and learn more about this amazing technology of invisible braces.
Invisalign® for Teens
Our professional team is highly experienced in providing Invisalign treatment for teenagers. If you were considering braces for your teenager, feel free to book an Invisalign Consultation at no cost with our experienced Invisalign dentist, to see if your children were suitable for this Clear Braces.
Growing teens can be psychologically and socially sensitive about their appearance while interacting with the school peers. They love the fact that the aligners are virtually unnoticeable as compared to the traditional braces. We can even provide colour based ‘compliance indicators’ to estimate whether the aligners have been worn for the recommended 20-22 hours per day!
- Aesthetically pleasing as they are almost invisible.
- Affordable and manageable.
- Much easier to maintain daily oral hygiene than with conventional fixed metal wire/bracket orthodontic treatment.
- Since it is removable, Invisalign allows you to enjoy food and drinks as opposed to the food restriction found with braces.